WACREN is organizing its 2nd Annual Conference hosted by the Senegal Research and education Network (snRER).
This year's conference brings together policy and decision makers, researchers, network managers, collaboration specialists, identity and access management experts, and connectivity and equipment providers from across Africa and the rest of the world.
Held at the Novotel Hotel, Dakar, on 17-18 March 2016, the conference is preceeded by a series of workshops promoting e-Infrastructure development and open science in Africa.
The main theme of the conference is: "Enabling Virtual Research and Education Communities", with the following sub-themes:
- Authentication and Authorization Infrastructure (AAI) and Mobility
- NREN Business and Governance Models
- Innovation in R&E Networks
- Network Design and Operation
- Online Teaching and Learning
- Shared Experiences, Best Practices and Collaboration