A 2-day BGP configuration and operation webinar on building resilient NRENs with peering with WACREN network.
Participants will learn REN architecture (Layer 2 and Layer3), routing basics and best practices for traffic engineering and peering.
Participants will learn about WACREN Routing Policy, Network Practices and Services for a better interconnection and collaboration in building the Regional REN.
Day 1 - 12/01/2020 - 4 hours
- Introduction to Research and education Networks
- NRENs and RRENs Architecture and Operations
- Routing : IGP and BGP
Day 2 - 12/08/2020 - 4 hours
- WACREN Routing Policy, Network Practices and Services
- Cases Studies: WACREN/NRENs Interconnection (GARNET, NGREN, TogoRER, etc.)
- Network Monitoring and Security Management
Target: NREN CTOs or recommended campus networks engineers
- Understanding of networking concepts
- Experience with IP routing (IGP and BGP)
English with interactions in French