Workshop on BGP configuration and operation for NREN engineers with best current practices for peering with the WACREN network
A 3-day BGP configuration and operation hands-on training workshop on building resilient NRENs with ISIS/BGP routing and peering with WACREN network.
Participants will learn REN architecture (Layer 2 and Layer3), basic IS-IS and BGP routing and best practices for traffic engineering and peering.
Participants will learn about WACREN routing policy, Network practices and services for a better interconnection and collaboration in building the Regional REN.
Network/systems administrators and engineers from campus networks and NRENs.
This workshop will cover:
- NREN and RREN Network design
- IGP design and best practices for networks operators
- BGP protocol, filtering and policy control
- BGP multihoming techniques
- Peering Best Practices
- Understanding of networking concepts
- Experience with IP routing (IGP and BGP)
- Familiarity with Cisco IOS configuration syntax.
- Laptop with wireless capability
- Documentation on participants network architecture, configurations and statistics
- Introduction to REN
- IGP refresher
- Introduction to BGP and BGP attributes
- BGP policies
- BGP scaling Techniques
- BGP multihoming
- BGP communities
- BGP Traffic Engineering
- WACREN Routing policy, Network practices and Services
- Cases studies: WACREN/NRENs Interconnection (GARNET, NGREN, TogoRER, etc...)
- Network Monitoring and Security Management
English with interactions in French
AZALAI Hotel, Cotonou