5-day DNSSEC awareness and hands on-training workshop on resilient DNS infrastructure which includes a refresher on guiding principles and best practices for building campus networks.
- revisit requirements for building highly available and reliable campus networks with the hierarchical network model and best current practices.
- be able to explain and demonstrate concept of DNS as critical part of Internet infrastructure, configure nameservers and manage forward and reverse zones
- be able to explain DNS protocol vulnerabilities, DNS Security and DNSSEC concepts
- acquire hands-on experience with DNSSEC and plan for deployment
Network/systems administrators and engineers from campus networks and NRENs
Requirements: A laptop with wireless capability, understanding of network design concepts and a knowledge of UNIX/Linux and the Domain Name System
Language: Conducted in English with bilingual trainers
- All participants will have to secure funds for their travel, including visa fees where applicable.
- International participants will be provided with free accommodation (from 9 October to 14 October 2016)
- Lunches and coffee breaks will be provided for all participants for the duration of the workshop.