TrustBroker Africa (TBA) III is a computer security incident response team (CSIRT) training workshop and community-building event organised by WACREN in collaboration with the Open CSIRT Foundation with the support of the AfricaConnect3 project.
Nigerian Research and Education Network (NgREN)
The first two days will be devoted to the essentials of the organisation and operation of a CSIRT, SOC or ISAC, with a third community day including high-level participants to work together on understanding and improving the cyber security ecosystem in Nigeria and the broader WACREN/ECOWAS region, and how this connects with the cyber security ecosystem worldwide.
NRENs, national CSIRTs and non-commercial security-related organisations.
- Day 1-2: Members of new or recently started CSIRT/SOC/ISACs; new members of existing teams; team managers and related communication and legal experts.
- Day 3: Same as previous days, with policymakers, executives and higher management included after the morning break.
Better-educated CSIRT/ISAC/SOC professionals, better-informed policy makers/executives, and a deeper understanding of building and running the West and Central African cyber security system
Hands-on exercises. Laptops are helpful but not required.
- Full sponsorship (travel and welfare) for the first participant from WACREN members in good standing, and welfare only for additional participants.
- Welfare only for participants from other WACREN Members.
- Allowances for dinners and expenses for local Nigerian participants.
- Lunches and coffee breaks will be provided during the workshop.
Exceptions will be considered for qualified female applicants.