LIBSENSE-Connect is a comprehensive and interactive program designed to empower African software and infrastructure developers with the knowledge and skills to embrace open science principles and practices. The program aims to foster a more inclusive and collaborative research ecosystem by building the technical capacities to develop infrastructure that promotes transparency, accessibility, and reproducibility of research outputs.
Through a series of hands-on workshops and expert-led sessions, LIBSENSE-Connect delves into key open science topics to offer practical insights into leveraging metadata, technical standards, and repository platforms to enhance information exchange, discovery, and data sharing. The program emphasises adherence to the FAIR principles (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable) to create a more connected and efficient research landscape.
LIBSENSE-Connect aims to bring together leading experts, researchers, software developers and practitioners from diverse fields to share their insights and experiences, fostering a vibrant community of open science enthusiasts.
Participants for this workshop must:
- be based in an African country
- have a working knowledge of English
- be technically competent to a certain level (determined through information provided in the registration form)
- preferably have a relevant project they are willing to describe and discuss openly in the workshop.
Successful applicants need to be able to use a (free) WACREN user account for the LIBSENSE-Connect GitLab repository.
- Full sponsorship (travel and welfare) for the first participant from WACREN members in good standing, and welfare only for additional participants.
- Welfare only for participants from other WACREN Members.
- Allowances for dinners and expenses for local Nigerian participants.
- Lunches and coffee breaks will be provided during the workshop.
Exceptions will be considered for qualified female applicants.